Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary


As an officer. Doesn't he look dapper?
He hated being an officer, though, and got to America as quick as he could. 



At Big Bend National Park with his two little girls.

Thanks for teaching me about fishing, hiking, the importance of a good education, the necessity of exercise for the body and soul, and for telling me a few of your stories. Miss you, dad. 




Besides being my dad's birthday, it is also the three year anniversary of my first date with my husband. He took me on a wonderfully sparkly winter hike outside of Salt Lake City. We crunched through snowy trails wearing a few light layers and hiking boots, not snow shoes. Which is a big deal, because Jon hates the cold. He says that it worked out really great for him though, since it gave him a good reason to hold my hand and to get close to me. Sweet, sneaky man. I am so lucky to have him in my life.

Photo I took on my Windsor film camera that day.

Picture Jon took of me from our hike. I couldn't find one of him...

No comments:

Post a Comment